Saturday, July 12, 2008

Advice for new parents

Something they don't tell you when you're expecting...

1) Stock up on crazy hats.

2) Stock up on shoeboxes.

Seriously, between preschool, school, camps, etc., we've probably had 6 or 8 Crazy Hat Days to contend with in my 10 years of parenting, and I expect them to continue for a while. And even if you homeschool...kids like crazy hats. Storybook character outfits also come in handy.

And I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to send a shoebox for something or other. Every time I'm tempted to throw one out, I have to remind myself that one of these days, one of my kids is going to tell me he has to have a shoebox tomorrow! And probably a decorated one at that!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Crazy socks, wearing your pajamas to school, a rainbow of colored clothing on hand- because you never know when that pesky chartruese day is going to happen.

I was going through my favorites folder and forgot I tucked you away there. I'll be back, us moms with boys gotta stick together. :)