Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mixin' it up

I mentioned a few posts ago that I like baking, but when I bake it's pretty low-tech. My best mixer is a $10 hand mixer from the grocery store. My second best mixer is a spoon! I invested in a whole tackle box full of cake-making supplies, as well as some pans and decorating tools, etc., but so far I haven't managed to shell out for a stand mixer. I'm sure if I had one, I'd bake a lot more often and enjoy it more, too, since my hands wouldn't get so tired.

Meanwhile, it seems like every woman I know either has or wants a KitchenAid stand mixer, and I am no exception! I remember my grandmother having an ancient one when I was growing up--so old the cord to plug it in was made of fabric rather than plastic. And so reliable she never had to replace it. Since then, I've seen them in countless friends' kitchens, and looked at them longingly in stores and online. KitchenAid is clearly the gold standard of mixers, and I've long told myself that someday I'll have a KitchenAid Mixer.

Now, I'm hoping that time has come, because Ribbon Rock Star is giving away a Kitchen Aid mixer in an Almond Cream color that will go great with my kitchen! Feel free to go enter, but remember that the prize is mine! (Ha ha.)

No comments: