Monday, June 30, 2008

Room sharing

My boys have always had their own bedrooms. But my older two have been having "sleepovers" in each other's rooms all summer so far, and have asked to share a bedroom. I find that odd, but they kept asking, so today my husband moved my my middle son's bed into the oldest's bedroom (the larger one). I knew my middle son would like this because he hates being alone, but my oldest is introverted and likes to have time to himself to read, etc. I figured the older he got, the less likely he'd want to share a room. But he seemed on board with it, too, so we did it. We'll see how it goes.

We plan to make the middle son's former bedroom into a second (tiny) living area or playroom. There's a futon in the baby's room we can put in there, and I think we'll leave my son's old dresser/changing table in there and use it to hold the TV/DVD player and old Nintendo system that are currently in our bedroom. I like the idea of another room we can all use, but I'm really not convinced this is going to last!

No comments: